Friday, 27 October 2023

Seoul 2

In the morning I went to explore Namdaemun Market where I hoped I might find the shop where I had jeonbokjuk (abalone congee) the last time I was in Seoul.

I had encountered this shop specialising in Australia products before. I wondered who their clientele were. Homesick expats? Koreans looking for dairy products?

A stall with a Selamat Datang sign, presumably to attract Indonesians and Malaysians.

I had a look inside the Shinsegae department store, but it is an upmarket place and nothing appealed to me.

In an underground shopping passage nearby I found many stores specialising in selling vinyl records.

It was just one of many. I guess birds of a feather...

I don't have a record player any more and anyway they are too bulky to take home even if I did but I was fascinated by the range of offerings. I did look at some of the CDs and DVDs but nothing caught my interest.

In the basement of the Lotte department store was this cheese display. In Seoul you can get anything from around the world if you can afford it.

This is what I ended having for lunch from one of the delis.

A photoshoot with models in traditional Korean dress (Hanbok).

A coffee break.

In the evening I was taken to a vantage point with a view over the Han river, looking across the river. That would be the Dongho bridge.

This one's the Hannam bridge.


A panorama.

No comments:

Post a Comment